8. EQ Village Markets
Photo: Brand Insider
EQ Village Markets is Sydney’s finest producer market. Open every Wednesday and Saturday next to the Show Ring at EQ (Entertainment Quarter), the market is just 10 minutes away from Sydney Central Business District.
EQ Village Markets has gorgeous stalls and friendly vendors that brings you the best of their flowers, farm fresh fruits, vegetables, meats and homemade delights. Some of the tastiest treats can also be found here – delicious crepes and waffles, cupcakes, chorizo rolls, Ethiopian pancakes, great coffee and more.
Where: 122 Lang Road, Moore Park
When: Every Wednesday and Saturday, 9:00am – 2:00pm
Getting there: Get off at the stop at Anzac Parade, near Lang Road
- From Circular Quay – Routes 373, 374, 376, 377, 392, 394, 396, 397, 399
- From Martin Place, St James & Museum – Routes 339, 373, 374, 376, 377, 391, 392, 394, 396, 397, 399
- From Railway Square – Routes 372, 393, 395
- From Central (Eddy Avenue) – Routes 339, 372, 374, 376, 391, 393, 395
- From Bondi Junction, Newtown & Marrickville Route 355
- Bondi Explorer customers should alight at Stop 16
More info: EQ Village Markets
9. Kirribilli Markets
A bustling marketplace with Harbour Bridge views, the Kirribilli Markets feature approximately 220 stalls of new, second hand fashion, antiques and collectables, bric-a-brac and homewares. Anything is pretty much sold here, and the markets run from the Burton Street Tunnel into the Bowling Green next to the Bradfeild Park Community & Well-being Centre.
Be sure to visit the food stalls sampling such treats as Dutch pancakes, Vietnamese Banh Mi Rolls and Dim Sum.
Where: Alfred Street South, Milsons Point (Next to the Harbour Bridge)
Fourth Saturday of the Month, 7:00am – 3:00pm (General Market)
Second Sunday of the Month, 9:00am – 3:00pm (Art, Design & Fashion)
- By Train:Get off at Milson Point Train Station turn right when you come out of the ticket turnstiles, then left at the end of the station walkway and the Market are right there.
- By Ferry:Get off at Milsons Point Warf (next to Luna Park) and walk up the hill to the Market.
- By Bus:Catch a bus to Milsons Point and get off on Alfred Street South at the bus stop outside Milsons Point Train Station and the markets are right there.
More info: Kirribilli Markets
10. Surry Hills Market
The Surry Hills Markets are an essential fundraiser for the Surry Hills Neighbourhood Centre, specialising in handmade, second-hand and recycled goods. Noted as one of Sydney’s most unique open air market, Surry Hills Market has vintage fashion, valuable antiques, books, hand-made beauty products and designer labels to offer.
After shopping, you could take a break at Surry Hills Community Café where it is run by volunteers. The cafe offers a range of sweet and savoury meals to choose from, including such classics as Devonshire teas and Vienna coffee. Simply cross the road and go up to Level 1 (stairs or lift) of the Surry Hills Library and Community Centre.
Where: Corner of Crown and Collins Streets, Shannon Reserve, Surry Hills
When: First Saturday of the Month, 7:00am – 4:00pm
More info: Surry Hills Market